Charlotte Employment Law Attorneys
Skilled Legal Representation for Employees & Employers
Employment law consists of a broad legal practice area revolving around the employer-employee relationship. It is governed by thousands of local, state, and federal laws, administrative regulations, and judicial decisions. These laws, regulations, and decisions protect the legal rights of employees and set forth legal standards as to violations. Whether you are an employee with an issue that you believe violates state or federal employee law or an employer facing a workplace claim against you, you can turn to Wooden Bowers for diligent and effective legal representation. We will thoroughly investigate your case, advise you on your options, and represent you as a plaintiff or a defendant in any workplace claim of wrongdoing.
Need legal help regarding an employment law matter? Discuss the specifics of your case with a Charlotte employment lawyer at our firm. Contact us at (704) 327-5944.
Employment Law Issues in North Carolina
State and federal laws have been enacted over the years to protect the rights of employees. These laws cover many areas, such as the prevention of workplace discrimination and harassment, the promotion of health and safety through measures and standards applied to the workplace, minimum wage requirements, and the prevention of work interruption brought about by disputes between management and labor. Employment laws have also been established to protect employers as well.
Employment law sets forth employee rights as well as obligations and the responsibilities of employers. Employment lawyers typically file claims and lawsuits asserting violations of state and federal employment laws on behalf of employee grievances or they defend employers against such claims. These claims can be resolved through negotiation, arbitration, or through civil litigation in court. These can be complex cases requiring demonstrable evidence of violations against the law argued before a judge and jury. They require an attorney who is not only highly-knowledgeable in these vast areas of law but who knows how to prepare and argue cases before a judge and jury.
Our employment law services include but are not limited to such areas and laws as:
- Title VII involving discrimination based on race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, or disability as well as pregnancy discrimination;
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) negotiations and filings;
- Harassment, such as sexual harassment and hostile work environment (a workplace that has become so hostile due to unwanted behavior that it degrades an employee’s ability to fully perform);
- Department of Labor Violations, including those concerning violations of hour and wage laws, such as overtime or minimum wage violations, equal pay for men/woman, and Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) denial; eligibility for medical leave must be based on childbirth, adoption, the employee’s or a spouse’s or parent’s serious medication condition;
- Wrongful termination in violation of North Carolina public policy; wrongful termination may not be done out of retaliation against an employee or based on discrimination;
- Discrimination against veterans or military personnel per the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act;
- Negotiation of severance and settlement agreements.
- Negotiation and drafting of employment contracts as well as handling disputes of employment contracts.
Guidance From a Charlotte Employment Lawyer
If you believe you have an issue involving any of the above areas or any other issue that pertains to the employer-employee relationship, you should seek the advice and guidance of a reputable attorney. At Woodson Bowers, we deal with these matters on a routine basis and can provide the legal insight needed to help you understand the law, your rights, and how best to deal with the situation.
Phone our office at (704) 327-5944 to schedule a free case consultation today.